Garfield & Hecht, P.C
Clients rely on Garfield & Hecht, P.C. to represent them in both state and federal appeals courts because the high stakes of appellate litigation require an eye for detail, mastery of complex facts, a firm grasp of nuanced legal holdings in controlling precedent, and an understanding of “big picture” policy concerns that appellate judges consider when reaching a decision. Garfield & Hecht’s litigators routinely handle appellate matters in the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. Appel
Whether defending favorable trial results or seeking to have lower-court errors corrected on appeal, Garfield & Hecht attorneys combine substantive legal acumen with top-notch presentation methods to obtain a successful disposition on appeal. Garfield & Hecht’s appellate advocacy—both written and oral—includes excellent legal research, keen analysis of issues presented on appeal, in-depth knowledge of procedural and evidentiary rules, superb brief-writing, as well as confident and effective oral argument skills.
Garfield & Hecht’s appellate lawyers have extensive experience arguing appeals in a wide array of types of cases, including the following: lender-liability and banking; breach of contract; business torts and fraud; product liability; landlord-tenant; construction; real estate; adverse possession and prescriptive easements; family; bankruptcy; insurance; Colorado Open Records Act; and HOA disputes.
For further information about Garfield & Hecht, P.C.’s appellate practice, please contact in our Aspen office at 625 E. Hyman Ave, Suite 201 Aspen, CO 81611, David L. Lenyo at 970-925-1936 and moc.t1545175551hcehd1545175551leifr1545175551ag@oy1545175551neld1545175551 or Christopher D. Bryan at 970-925-1936 and moc.t1545175551hcehd1545175551leifr1545175551ag@na1545175551yrbc1545175551 .
Representative appellate cases:
- Morris v. Belfor USA, 201 P.3d 1253 (Colo. App. 2008)
- Long v. Obermeyer Place Holding Company, LLC, 2010 WL 5545377 (Colo. App. 2010)
- Amos v. Aspen Alps 123, LLC, 280 P.3d 1256, 2012 CO 46 (Colo. 2012)
- Bailey v. Willison, 2011 WL 3209891 (Colo. App. 2011); 2012 WL 1158733 (Colo. App. 2012)
- Kittle v. St. Jude’s Co., 2012 WL 1197536 (Colo. App. 2012)
- Westpac Aspen Investments, LLC v. Residences at Little Nell Development, LLC, 284 P.3d 131, 2011 WL 4837504 (Colo. App. 2011)
- Shook v. Pitkin County Board of County Commissioners, — P.3d —-, 2015 COA 84, 2015 WL 3776876 (Colo. App. 2015)
- DeJean v. Grosz, — P.3d —-, 2015 COA 74, 2015 WL 3504436 (Colo. App. 2015)
- S K Peightal Engineers, Ltd. v. Mid Valley Real Estate Solution V, LLC, 342 P.3d 868, 2017 CO 7 (Colo. 2015)