Garfield & Hecht, P.C
Haley Carmer is an associate attorney in Garfield & Hecht, P.C.’s Glenwood Springs office, where she focuses her practice in civil litigation and municipal law. During her time at Garfield & Hecht, Ms. Carmer has gained experience dealing with all aspects of civil litigation from motions practice to trial. She regularly performs legal work for the firm’s governmental clients, including drafting contracts and other legal documents, preparing ordinances and resolutions, and advising local governing bodies at public meetings. Ms. Carmer is also active in Garfield & Hecht’s water law and transactional practice groups.
Prior to joining Garfield & Hecht, Ms. Carmer was a summer intern for the Division 5 Water Court. While in law school, Ms. Carmer worked for the Utah Governor’s Public Lands Policy Coordination Office, served as a research assistant for several S.J. Quinney College of Law faculty members, and participated in her school’s environmental law clinic. She was also a member of S.J. Quinney’s Pace Environmental Law Moot Court team; her team won best brief in the 2014 competition and was a competition finalist. Ms. Carmer grew up in Glenwood Springs and looks forward to fostering her legal career the Roaring Fork Valley.
- University of Colorado, Boulder (B.A., magna cum laude, 2009)
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2014)
- State of Colorado Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Bar Associations & Professional Societies
- Colorado Bar Association (2014-Present)
- Ninth Judicial District Bar Association (2014-Present)
- Pitkin County Bar Association (2014-Present)
- American Bar Association
- Glenwood Springs Historic preservation Commission (2016)
Published Articles/Speaking Engagements
- Speaker: Colorado Government Finance Officers’ Association, Western Slope Coalition 2015 Spring Workshop; “Financial Retention in an Electronic Environment;” May 1, 2015
- Speaker: Colorado Government Finance Officers’ Association, Annual Conference; “Financial Retention in an Electronic Environment;” November 20, 2015