David has practiced law in Colorado for over 20 years and has been in the Roaring Fork Valley since 1998. He began his career as a litigator in Denver representing insurance companies, employers, and individuals in personal injury and employment matters. He began representing the Town of New Castle in 1998 and continues to serve as Town Attorney there in addition to serving as Town Attorney for De Beque and City Attorney for Delta. Since moving to Glenwood Springs, David has continued to handle litigation matters but has focused primarily on municipal, land use, construction, real estate, and business disputes. His transactional practice includes land use applications, real estate, and construction law.
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall (J.D., 1995)
- Harvard University (A.B., cum laude 1990)
- Deerfield Academy, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for District of Colorado (1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit (2000)
- U.S. District Court for District of Nebraska
- State of Colorado
Bar Associations & Professional Societies
- Colorado Bar Association (1995)
- Ninth Judicial District Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Municipal League – Active Member
David lives with his family on the banks of the Roaring Fork River and is actively involved with his children’s activities, including youth hockey and local drama productions. He has been involved as a board member and volunteer for local non-profit associations.
Published Articles/Speaking Engagements
- David has presented seminars on various topics including the law of easements, open records, and open meetings laws.