Practice Areas: Litigation (Civil Litigation and Appellate Practice), Transactional
Position: Associate Attorney
Angela joined Garfield & Hecht, P.C. in 2014 as an associate attorney. With the firm, Angela has represented plaintiffs and defendants in civil actions from commencement through trial, including, but not limited to, those involving contract, foreclosure, fraudulent transfer, employment, landlord/tenant, mechanic’s lien, real property, and secured transaction disputes. Angela has also briefed appeals in both the Colorado Court of Appeals and the United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. With respect to her transactional practice, Angela assists clients with the acquisition and sale of real estate, the negotiation of residential and commercial leases as well as employment agreements, among other matters.
Angela was previously employed as a legal assistant and law clerk for Thomas J. Finch, Esq. for eight years, gaining in-depth experience with the litigation and transactional components of real estate and business law. While attending CU Law, Angela worked as a research assistant for Professors Mark J. Loewenstein (conducting research related to corporate and alternative business entity law) and Justin Desautels-Stein (conducting research related to critical legal theory). Angela also served as a teaching assistant for the 1L Legal Writing Program with Professor Amy Bauer. In addition to being actively involved in mock trial and moot court at CU Law, Angela served as her class Treasurer, was a member of the Board of the Boulder Bar Association, represented clients as a Student Attorney through the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic under Colorado’s Student Practice Act, and was an assistant coach for the Boulder High School Mock Trial Team.
- University of Colorado (B.A., dual major in Philosophy & English Literature, 2009)
- University of Colorado Law School (J.D., 2013)
- Graduate of National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s National Session Program (2014)
Bar and Court Admissions:
- State of Colorado Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Bar Associations and Professional Societies:
- Pitkin County Bar Association
- 9th Judicial District Bar Association
- Boulder County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Business Law, Litigation, & Real Estate Law Sections
- Aspen Young Professionals Association, Treasurer
Angela is actively involved in the Aspen, and greater Roaring Fork Valley, community. For example, Angela is presently the Treasurer of the Aspen Young Professionals Association. Angela is also a mentor with The Buddy Program and a member of Challenge Aspen’s annual marathon benefit team. In addition, Angela is a pledge in the Colorado Supreme Court’s Pro Bono Legal Services Commitment and Recognition Program. As needed, Angela volunteers with Alpine Legal Services’ Thursday Night Bar Program.
Published Articles/Speaking Engagements:
Angela has contributed to the following published articles:
- Mark J. Lowenstein, Benefit Corporations: A Challenge in Corporate Governance, The Business Lawyer (Volume 68, August 2013).
- Justin Desautels-Stein, Structuralist Legal Theories, Law and Contemporary Problems (Duke University), at 37 (Vol. 78:37, No. 1 & 2, 2015).